August 18, 2010

Word Count

Totally Fantastic! I haven't yet reached the middle of my rough draft. I'm about 30% of the way there. So I'm not really far in my novel which now has the title 'Orville's Recipe'. I don't write everyday and I've got a small word goal. It's a shame and I can find a bunch of excuses but I don't feel like owning them. To be honest I should just write without question, even if it is just 600 words a day. Once I get into a habit of writing 600 words a day I'll increase the pace to 1000 and then maybe more.

I think it's a question of organisation. I will get all my projects and responsabilities in order and then I will move along more smoothly.

Anyone interested in my novel? The main character, Sorel, is being blamed for his master's murder. He's decided to run away and get himself out of this mess. Thing is, if that's how he wants to get out of this mess he's going to have to get into an even greater mess.

No comments: